If you are a vegan, it doesn’t mean that you will miss out on the taste and nutrition of meatloaf. That’s why presenting you with vegan meatloaf filled with flavors and proteins and fibers quite as much meat provides. You just have to know how to make such dishes. So, here you are going to know about that. Just keep reading till the end and you will know everything.
Source of Protein:
You may wonder what can be the source to provide an ample amount of protein in a tasty recipe. These are the main sources; Beans, lentils and brown rice. You can add your source of protein as per your choice. To make a rough estimate, 1 cup of cooked beans contains over 15 gms of protein, 1 cup of cooked lentils contains 18 gms and 1 cup of cooked brown rice contains 5 grams of protein. It is completely your choice to add any of these.
In the vegan meatloaf recipe, it is important to have a binding agent that can hold everything together. In regular meatloaf, we use eggs. But when it comes to vegan meatloaf, we use roasted flaxseeds. Some oats are also used to absorb excess moisture from the veggies. It also provides extra fiber and protein.
Ingredients to use:
- 3– 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Bragg’s Seasoning OR 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2, 15 oz cans cannellini beans, OR Chickpeas drained and thoroughly rinsed OR 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils OR 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup for glaze
Here know about the Process:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of vegetable stock in a large saucepan are heated, and onions are added. Along with this, a pinch of kosher salt, black pepper and Bragg’s seasoning are added as well. Everything is cooked on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Carrots, celery, garlic and other veggies as per your choice are added and cooked until the onions become translucent.
- On another side, add your source of protein; drained and rinsed well. Mix oats, nutritional yeast, tomato ketchup, roasted ground flax seeds, and dijon mustard. Stir everything well to combine.
- Add both the mixture; onion mixture and the above mixture of your protein source well. Stir until both combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture well and then cover it with aluminum foil. Place it in a baking tray of a preheated oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Then remove the loaf from the oven. Spread the ketchup from the top and then return the loaf to the oven uncovered for the next 15 minutes.
- When cooked well, the loaf is allowed to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- You can enjoy this one with mashed potatoes in a large sandwich.
In today’s world, being vegan is a good lifestyle choice. But that never means you should give up on taste, flavor or nutrition. So you can make this https://successrice.com/recipes/vegan-brown-rice-bbq-meatloaf/ and enjoy the taste and protein of meat while being vegan!